Wednesday 20 May 2015

Catch Me If You Can

Every week we learn about skills and movement that will help us play sports. This term’s focus has been around defense. We made a video showing some of the goals we have been practicing. I have highlighted the things I think I have done well YELLOW and one thing I would like to work on PINK.


Body:
WALT: Defensive skills and movements

Success Criteria:

Body Movement
  • Weight on balls of feet
  • Feet shoulder width apart
  • Knees flexed
  • Concentration and eyes on ball, head and eyes up
  • Push hard off outside foot and go forwards to attack pass
  • Quick small feet, stay on balls of feet
  • Arms within confines of body
  • Take feet to ball
  • Land with a SBP

Intercepting

  • Body angled to see player and ball
  • Anticipate pass and player movement

Restrictive Marking

  • Meet player as they start towards the ball/where they want to go
  • stay close to the attacking player
  • Head and eyes up, arms close to body to avoid obstruction/contact
  • Angle body so attacking player is ‘pushed’ away from where he/she wants to go
  • 0.9m from ball carrier

Click Below To Watch My Video


Evaluation: 
I think I did a great job but I could work on Pushing off my outside foot and go towards the attack pass because I didn't push off my outside leg. I will need to improve on that by getting someone to show me how to do it again and keep on practicing. I want to finish this by term. I think I will be able to complete my goal.

Feedback/Feedforward: 
I think that you have been listening very well in CMIYC time. You are always on the balls of your feet ready to try get the ball. Next time I think you can work on making sure there is a small distance between you and your partner because you were quite close to your partner. You might get called for obstruction.

Georgia

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic evaluation of your defensive skills Amy. You are quick to move as you are on the balls of your feet and you have your knees flexed. You anticipate where the player is moving to which makes it easy for you to restrict where they move to.

    Be aware of your arms so that you do not get called for contact. I think another goal for you could be to keep your body angled so you have always got an eye on both players.

    ReplyDelete