Tuesday 10 March 2015

How Clouds Were Made? By Amy

Purpose: create a story to share orally

Description: Oral storytelling is a Maori tradition. We have been planning our own story to tell on the Marae in Week 7.


Characters draft


















My Story Board




This is my video of me performing to my audience:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHAcflFqFXc&sns=em


Big Idea:
My big idea is to turn my story in my book to story telling at the Marae, without my book because that's how maori people used to tell their story's. My story is about how clouds were made. I wanted to do it about something that would inspire others about that you can make up any story even if its not real.


Success Criteria:
Between 1 and 2 minutes long

Using your voice to make sounds effects Using your whole body to make actions

Use your face to tell a story through facial expressionKnowing the story, knowing the setting

Get the picture into your listener’s head

Stay in character - keep your composure

Audience participationUnique and original (Hook your audience)



Feedback/Feedforward: I think you did a very good job at storytelling but If you do it again make sure the camera is still.😃

Evaluation:
I think I did a great job with using facial expressions because I showed my audience that the different characters had different faces, though I need to remember to stay in character because of my voice, when I am about to finish a sentence my slowly creeps back to normal and then it doesn't sound right. When Ebony said that some of us were going to perform at the Marae I sank back into my chair and thought to my self OH MY GOSH! I am so nervous I don't want to perform in front of 30 kids.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you have done a great job. You have done a great job interacting with the audience. I think you could work on being more confident. You could do that by making sure you do not laugh or make a fool of yourself. Keep working on it. Good Job.
    Rosalind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Amy. You really thought hard about the Success Criteria. I know that next time you need to present to a group you will be heaps more confident. Well done.

    ReplyDelete