Tuesday 16 September 2014

Reading Sample

Reading Workshop 14 Reading portfolio sample T3


My reading goal this term was analysing  
                                                      
WALT

GET IT...use a range of sources by questioning and predicting

SORT IT...analyse and sort information to answer my question: see if my thinking has changed, look for patterns by questioning inferring, summarising

USE IT…discuss what I have found out with others and make connections

Task


inquiring readers go through a process to gather, organise and respond to new information. We have been using  the ‘GET IT, SORT IT, USE IT’ process. After reading ‘Wonder’ by R.J.Palaccio our group felt moved to DO something but we didn’t know what! We all had lots of questions so we decided to research more about disabilities before deciding. I wanted to know more about:

Schools for learners with disabilities

SUCCESS CRITERIA

I can research using different sources.
I can think logically, creatively, and reflectively.
I can make generalisations from patterns and connections.           


                                          

Did my thinking change or stay the same during the ‘GET IT’ stage? My thinking changed because you have got to think in different ways to be a good learner.

From ‘SORTING IT’ I can make these generalisations: A person called Frida Cahlo was a renowned Mexican painter who created striking paintings. Disabilities are normal to people with a disability but a person without a disability does not feel the same way.

‘USE IT’ (what did you do- those who did a social action, or what could you have done for this stage- for those who didn't?) Rosalind and I have created a speech to change people's mind about what disabilities are and are like.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I particularly like the comment about how your thinking changed throughout this inquiry because it shows you are making connections beyond the topic - great work!
    I hope we get to hear your finished speech.

    ReplyDelete